1280

On November 22nd, 1280, King Edward Ist of England granted the Gascon territory of Livran (Livrano) to the de Got brothers (probably descending from Visigoth lords who quickly assimilated the Gascon culture): Béraud (knight) and Arnaud (bishop). He gave them the right to build a fortified house there. The de Got family, a family of considerable social status and influence, became the first owners of Livran.
The manor of Livran was inherited by of knight and vicomte Arnaud Gracie de Got, elder son of Béraud and brother of Bertrand, archbishop of Bordeaux and first Pope of Avignon in 1305 under the name Clément V.

 

Vue du château